I am sorry but, as of May 2021, my schedule is full and I am not working with new clients.
Feel free to contact me and let me know your insurance coverage if you would like suggestions of in-network providers to contact.
What kind of therapist are you?
I work as both a pastoral counselor and a psychotherapist. I am happy to work with new clients for short-term, solution-focused therapy ~ this is generally 3-8 sessions. I have found over years that small changes in our lives can happen fairly quickly but last a lifetime.
A great deal of research has shown that short-term, focused counseling can provide long-term, lasting results ~ click this link to read some of it.
The form of counseling I practice combines three ingredients:
- a person-centered orientation;
- solution-focused discussions;
- cognitive-behavioral tasks.
For people who request it, counseling can also include a fourth ingredient:
- spiritual guidance*.
*(This fourth ingredient is entirely up to you ~ it can be added if and only if you would like it included.)
What does it cost?
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Consolidated Health Plans
- Empire (including Medicaid and Essential Plans)
- HealthPlus (including Medicaid and Essential Plans)
- MetroPlus (including Medicaid and Essential Plans)
Who will be helping me?
Here is some information about me:
- I am a New York State licensed clinical social worker ~ I completed my graduate training in social work in 1983 (so I have been around for a while...).
- I also have a doctorate in pastoral care and have completed training as a chaplain.
- Before starting as a therapist on my own, I worked at nonprofit organizations in New York City, including the City's public hospitals ~ NYC Health + Hospitals.
Where would we meet?
I am based in New York City ~ my office is on 25th Street and Broadway (near Madison Square Park). The address is: 1115 Broadway ~ 11th floor, New York, NY 10010.
Many of the people I work with are struggling with chronic illnesses and would have difficulty traveling ~ which is why connecting online, using a secure and free video service, is sometimes the best way to work together. Note that there are only a few insurance companies that pay for "tele-therapy," but I am glad to work with you to try to get your insurance company to cover our work together.
Can I get more information (and maybe get started)?
- Feel free to call or text (347-766-5580) or email connect [at] alisonbrodyalpert.net to get in touch. I am glad to answer any questions you may have.